Current Student FAQ

Can I use my old Parent Portal account to register my student(s)? 

Yes.  If you have made no changes to your email address, you will be able to complete the registration process by simply logging in.  It should prompt you to start once the window for returning student registration has been opened.

Is my student a "new" student?  They are promoting to the junior high from the elementary school next year?  

No.  Your student is not considered a new student if they were in attendance at a HISD school at the end of the school year.  

Can my child register their self with their own portal account?  

No.  The system looks for the guardian email on file to verify the account and start the registration process.  The only exception to this is with students aged 18 or over. 

The registration says that my child is in third grade.  She just completed the third grade.  Is this a mistake? 

No.  This is not a mistake.  Your returning student registration will reflect last year's grade for the student until after we do "roll over" at the end of July-first of August.  There is no need to worry.  They will be placed in the correct grade. 

My email address has changed.  I plan to change it in Parent Portal to keep my alerts up and running.  

We encourage you to keep your email address current.  For the registration process to work, there are a few things that have to be done for an email change.  First, when changing your email address within the portal, please make sure and repeat the verification process.  The system will not send you emails until the email address has been verified.  Secondly, and maybe more importantly, contact your campus secretary and provide them with the new email address.  It must be in the system as a perfect match for your portal account or the registration process will not work.  As an added bonus to keeping it updated with the office, it should ensure that you get the alert emails sent out by campuses on various district activities.

I am having some trouble with the process.  Is there someone who can help?  My computer no longer works.  What can I do?
We have setup several days to offer in person help.  Due to COVID-19, campus visitors are on a strictly limited basis.  You will need to reserve an appointment time on the campus your child attends to register them.  We will have computer access available as well as someone to help you submit your information.   There are appointments available May 17-20 and again on May 26 to reserve your time, click here.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.